One of my favorite ways to apply makeup is with a sponge. I feel like it is ridiculous to pay a lot for the beauty blender when there are many better options out there that are less expensive. In my opinion, the beauty blender works great but it tears fairly easily and is too expensive. Here are some other options:
- Real Techniques Miracle Complexion Sponge
- This sponge is amazing. It blends just as well as the beauty blender and it is a great shape to fit under the eyes. The flat end makes it really easy to use for setting powder. It expands more than a lot of beauty blender dupes. Overall, I would say that this sponge is great especially for the price (only $6) but it does tear easily.
- PUR Cosmetic Contour Blending Sponge
- Okay, these are my favorite. They blend out my makeup flawlessly and they have a perfect flat surface for contouring or using a setting powder. I love these sponges so much and they are only $12. I got my first one in the April 2017 Boxy Charm and ever since I have been obsessed. PUR also has deals where you can get three sponges for $15.
- L’Oreal Blending Sponge
- I like these sponges a lot, but not as much as the other two I listed. This sponge does blend my makeup out really well and it expands. It is only $6 and it does not tear as easily as the Real Techniques Sponge.